Come and work for us! We are recruiting a Policy and Communications Officer to support the delivery of our strategy.
- Part-time, fixed-term initially (28 hours/week)
- Hybrid working
- £27,072 (based on 28 hour week)
- Closing date: Thursday 2 February 2023 at 17:00
The Scottish Arts and Humanities Alliance (SAHA) is a joint initiative of 14 Scottish Higher Education institutions, the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE) and the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH).
As SAHA’s Policy and Communications Officer, you will be an organised collaborator who can drive forward the day-to-day work of the Alliance and support the delivery of its policy and communications strategy.
This role is integral to the delivery of SAHA’s vision and will require you to be knowledgeable of Scotland’s arts and humanities sector, experience in policy formulation, effective at communications and marketing and able to manage the secretariat of SAHA’s Steering Group and committees
SAHA was established in 2019 to promote the value of arts and humanities to society and provide a collective voice for the community within higher education. The strategic direction and activity of the Alliance is shaped by a Steering Group comprising representatives from contributing organisations. This role is hosted and line managed by the RSE but with strategic direction of activity from the Steering Group.
We are looking for a talented individual to:
- Working with the SAHA co-chairs and RSE Head of Communications, develop and embed the Alliance and work with leading academics within the arts and humanities field in Scotland
- Support the development of SAHA’s strategy and help to build and maintain its communications network and profile.
- Deliver a policy advice strategy which ensures Scotland’s arts and humanities have an influencing voice and affect change with policy makers
- In conjunction with RSE Communications, identify appropriate opportunities to amplify SAHA’s work in external media channels
- Support SAHA leadership’s participation in engagement activities by providing thorough and comprehensive briefing materials
- Provide logistical and administrative support to SAHA leadership and committees and new members of the Alliance.
If you are a dynamic, organised and driven candidate who can help SAHA make a positive impact on Scotland’s arts and humanities sector, then we’d love to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, simply send your CV and a cover letter, no longer than 500 words, detailing how your skills and experience would transfer and benefit the work of SAHA to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 2 February 2023 at 17.00
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Download the SAHA’s Policy and Communications Officer job description